Green Zebra Sustainability Policy
Our vision is a world where all businesses make profit with purpose through planet positive actions.
Easy – We’ll communicate with you in jargon-free language
Ethical – We hold our own business to the same sustainability standards that we want you to achieve
Experienced – 40+ years in business between us, Sustainability Leadership qualifications from the University of Cambridge and industry experience spanning Retail, Corporate, HR and the Charity Sector.
We believe in:
Respect for the planet
Respect for all people
Respect for facts
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
The 17 UN SDGs are our North Star for sustainability. We use them to provide a framework for our business and that of our clients. Much of our impact comes from enabling our clients to build a greener business. Green Zebra particularly focuses these goals:
SDG 8 – Decent work and economic growth
SDG 10 – Reduced inequalities
SDG 12 – Responsible consumption and production
SDG 13 – Climate action
SDG 14 – Life below water
SDG 15 – Life on land
SDG 17 – Partnership for the goals
- Our meetings are predominantly online but sometimes we need to travel and we choose to cycle or use public transport where we can.
- We choose our suppliers and providers carefully, making sure that they share the same values as our own.
- Our team works from home and monitors their renewable electricity usage.
- Our website was created to be as low carbon as possible with very little imagery and video and runs on green energy.
- We choose our service providers and suppliers carefully, giving preference to local independent businesses with strong sustainability credentials
- We follow the Waste Hierarchy and Circular Economy principles in purchasing decisions and always buy second hand where possible, including electronics.
- We work primarily in a digital format but where we need to use paper and pen we make sure to source second hand first then FSC certified or recycled products.
We offer free spaces on our membership programme for registered charities supporting them on their journey to becoming greener organisations.
1% for the planet
We are a member of 1% for the planet which represents a global network of businesses, individuals and nonprofit organizations tackling our planet’s most pressing environmental issues.